• Gesture Typing: Slide your finger from letter to letter. Completes a word before you've finished the gesture, especially useful when gesturing longer words.
• Voice Typing: Touch the microphone to simply dictate your text.
• Word completion suggestions, automatic corrections, and next-word prediction based on the words you have typed.
• Emoji: Press and hold Enter to choose from hundreds of emoji in any app (Android 4.4+).
• Learns as you type: No need to manually add words to a personal dictionary. Type a word once and you can gesture type it or find it in suggestions next time. Long press a suggestion to remove it from your “learned words” or the keyboard dictionary.
• Sync your learned words across devices to improve suggestions: To turn on keyboard syncing, go to Settings → Language & input → Google Keyboard → Dictionary → Sync learned words.
• Gesture cursor control: Slide your finger across the space bar to move the cursor.
• Gesture delete: Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words.
• Symbols hints: Show quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (enable in Google Keyboard Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols).
• One handed mode: On large screen phones, pin keyboard to the left or the right of the screen by long pressing on Enter and selecting the thumb icon.
• Fast symbols: Gesture from the “?!☺” key to temporarily switch to the symbols keyboard and insert a symbol.
• Fast capitalization: Gesture from the SHIFT key to a character to capitalize it.
• Choose a layout with or without key borders to suit your style.
Gesture typing and word suggestions supported in:
English (US), Afrikaans, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Bulgarian (BDS), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (India), English (UK), Estonian, Finnish, French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland), Galician, Georgian, German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian (Italy), Italian (Switzerland), Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (US), Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese.
Additional keyboard layouts:
Arabic, Basque (Spain), Bengali (Bangladesh and India)*, Esperanto, Hindi*, Kannada*, Khmer (Cambodia), Lao, Malayalam*, Marathi*, Mongolian, Nepali, Tamil (India and Singapore)*, Telugu*, Thai, Zulu.
* For Indic languages, Google also offers Google Indic Keyboard in the Play Store with Hinglish and transliteration support.
Can access your contacts means Gboard - the Google Keyboard APK may read your own contact card, phone status and identity. But Gboard - the Google Keyboard APK may not actually change your contacts, just access them. SMS, social networking and address book apps tend to use this permission, but for other apps it is usually unncessary. As your contacts data is very sensitive, extreme caution is advised here
May cost your money means Gboard - the Google Keyboard APK may send SMS messages, directly call phone numbers (This app permission allows apps to dial phone numbers without notifying you first. Malicious apps can exploit this authorization to secretly call paid numbers without your knowledge. If the app is asking for this permission and has nothing to do with making phone calls, stay far, far away.), or download files without notification.
Can access your USB storage means Gboard - the Google Keyboard APK may modify or delete the contents of your USB storage or read the contents of your USB storage. If an app asks for this permission, it can acess your entire memory, and read, edit and delete your data. You should be very wary of apps asking for this permission. In combination with access to the Internet, an app could upload private photos to a website. A special note: all apps are granted this permission in any Android operating system below Android 1.5. You've got to be extra careful if you're working with an older version of Android.